Sunday, January 29, 2006

Roses by any other name smell as sweet...



For "what to do with a dozen roses," we talked about the significance of the roses and thought about different ways we could present roses. In our group, one rose was wrapped in wire, and another was burned. I used fresh petals to stain a drawing of a rose I made a purplish color. I also tried to paint a picture of a rose using crushed petals and leaves mixed with egg yolk, like egg tempera. It really didn't turn into paint; it just glued the petals and leaves to the paper. The first class we cut out words and pictures dealing with love from books. Later on we merged the book project with the rose idea by creating collages with the words of love with pictures of roses. For my collage, I placed the words and pictures of love around a picture of roses. I then used string to link some of the words. I'm trying to dye a white rose red at home by putting it in water dyed with food coloring. We are going to talk about how we will do the installation; where we might put it and what materials we might use.
-- Jenna Boyles, Frazier High School, Fayette County

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home