Monday, February 13, 2006

Putting the Pieces Together

Just to let everyone know if you didn't get David's email... We are hanging the puzzle pieces tomorrow. I'm coming after school (4 o'clock for me) until 6 (or it's done). Please make sure your piece is there!
And for everyone who was still at MF on Saturday for my catastrophe (long story, ask later) my piece will be right side up!

Also, about the artist statement thing, I am going to try and write something later (if I have time [application for Ecuador goes out tonight!]). If you have already started it or are planning to start, let me know. I think that we should try to collaborate on this.

*sigh* I can just tell it's going to be a long night.
~Gretchen

2 Comments:

Blogger David Pohl said...

Hooray Gretchen,

Good for you!
I had a feeling that you might decide to redo your puzzle piece.
Believe me, I can relate to it. Sometimes it's hard to go that extra
mile, but always rewarding in the end.

Think about Diane Samuels re-working her piece, huh?

2/13/2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger David Pohl said...

Statement....

Danielle is working on writing a statement for the wall, but it would be great if anyone else wants to
contribute as well. We can combine
the writings....

I still find writing about my work
to be a struggle at times and I have some difficulty
with it. For me, writing requires
patience and lots of re-writes.

But...a worthwhile practice because it is often required of artist's to write statements of their intention. Generally, I agree
that it helps the viewer to come to
a greater understanding/ appreciation of the work. Writing no statement
can be a statement in itself.
As in the 1991 catalogue for
The Carnegie International, the
American artist Bruce Nauman wrote:

Re: text for catalogue

I have no text for you.

Sincerely,
Bruce Nauman

Bruce Nauman

2/14/2006 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home