Thursday, January 19, 2006

Response from Kevin

This is my response to the blog. I tried to publish my entry on the
site, but it did not work. I agree with Jenna that the audience should not
be permitted to manipulate the clothes on the clothesline. Initially I had
a vision for work on the fire escape, but now I see that this would deviate
from the idea. I do believe that duplicate pieces should be hidden in the
museum. I think that this relates to the concept of identity, and how
difficult it is to discover someone’s inner being. You must search for the
pieces of a person (usually they are hidden) to truly understand them. As
you get to know someone, you see small fragments of who they truly are. As
you begin to look for the pieces you find more and more. I think that this
concept works with the viewer seeing a puzzle piece, and then being
intrigued to look deeper. I hope that I explained that well enough.
As far as what our pieces should combine to form, I first thought of a
flowing dress. Thinking more about our theme, it seems that it should be
the outline of a human bust. It makes sense to have the pieces form the
person (maybe that’s too obvious and cliche). Maybe a piece should be
missing, signifying that a puzzle is never complete. There are always
pieces of your inner self that no one will ever know, and there is always
room for the puzzle to grow. My question is how many layers of clotheslines
should we have leading into the puzzle? Should the layers become more
manipulated as they approach the inside (keeping with the theme of a
presentable, normal facade)?

I’ll see you on saturday,
Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home