Monday, February 20, 2006



Danielle



Kevin

Exploding the Book has been one of the best experiences of my life. It exposed me to so many things, like meeting artists and discussing process, proposing an idea to museum curators, and unifying a group of people to create one installation. This class has been the biggest learning experience. I met Diane Samuels, David Pohl, and Biko through the Mattress Factory. I was able to talk to practicing artists in Pittsburgh, which for a young artist is an amazing opportunity. Art is what makes me happy and consumes the majority of my time. My art takes many forms, including music, poetry, drawing, painting, and sculpting. Art is not always a concrete object. Art is thought. There is art in the process of dreaming. Art can occur consciously and subconsciously. Art is directly related to everything. I have grown so much from Exploding the Book. I met amazing young artists who I could really relate to. This class really opened me up, and allowed me to share my ideas and opinions freely. I have been inspired by the other students, David, Diane, Biko, and everyone else I have met through my class. I am excited to work on another installation, and to learn from another great instructor.
-- Kevin Clancy, Montour High School, Allegheny County

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home