Monday, February 20, 2006

Tape Face

Jenna's zine hanging on the clothesline



Tape Face (Cover)



Lost + Found



Princess Ballerina Astronaut



PRINCESS BALLERINA ASTRONAUT

if you'd asked me what i wanted to grow up to be when i was little, i'd have said
princess ballerina astronaut.

i really wanted to be an astronaut, but i may have wanted to be a ballerina too. i'd tell them i wanted to be an astronaut but i think the fact that i dressed up like a
princess made people say "but don't you want to dance, or be a princess? why don't
you become the first princess ballerina astronaut?"

it always annoyed me later when my obscure dream job was brought up. i said i'd never
wanted to be a princess ballerina astronaut, i wanted to be an architect or something.

when people saw me draw they'd ask if i was going to be an artist. i'd answer NO!
and think they were crazy. they annoyed me. still those people who tell me, "i hate
you, you can draw, the things i draw are stick people, you suck," get on my nerves.
only now when they ask me if i'm going to be an artist, i say YES.

now i want to be an artist and realize it's the same and i haven't changed.

Jenna Boyles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home