Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Thinking About Projects

Class on Saturday was really productive in decision making. The bust, piece ideas, altered clothes, and zines sound like they will work really well together. I've been doing some brainstorming for my clothes, puzzle piece, and zine. It's really hard to keep some new ideas going for each part, but I want mine to have a subtle similarity to them all. It's a hard balance to keep!

The zine seems to be the easiest for me since I have a bunch of writing pieces lying around my room. I even found some homemade paper from the Children's Museum that I have been saving. I also have a mini-book that unfolds so I might use that for my basic pages. So many options on what to put inside, though!

For the puzzle piece, I was thinking of covering the entire piece with "aged" newspaper clippings and obituaries, contrasting the happy with the sad. Then I wanted to do a really light water color painting effect over that. I wanted to layer my own calligraphy writing in with some other found objects that I save like pressed flowers and bottle caps. But I think that it might be too cliche since it's like a cheesy self-portrait.

What are you guys thinking for your puzzle pieces? Are they along the same lines or something radically different?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home